Windows XP/Vista VAIO Hotkeys Problem!

BirdyMan2.0

Solid State Member
Hello, I'm having a problem with my VAIO VGN-NR110E. When I got this laptop, it came with Vista Home Premium preinstalled. I decided I would go open source, so I installed Linux over it. After I got bored of Linux, I installed XP Home Edition and then installed Vista again side-by-side, making a dual boot of XP and Vista. When I originally had Vista, the Fn hotkeys for volume and brightness worked fine. Now they won't work. Well, partially, because only the volume hotkey works. I can't manage to find a way for the brightness hotkey to work. I've looked at many other forums, and they all say to install Sony Utils, Sony Shared Library, VAIO Event Manager, and Hotkey Utility, or to change a setting in VAIO Control Center (which won't work because my Control Center has no options to change). The volume hotkey works on both XP and Vista, but I can't get the brightness hotkey to work on either. If anyone knows how to fix this, please reply with some sort of method. Please help me!

have you installed the sony utils,This is what I had to do to get it working on my sony

Back
Top Bottom