Firefox 4 any good??

my firefox is slow as hell.. too lasy to reinstall but have to try new version othervise i am loosing half of my life..

I have just relised that firefox 4 is out :) My friend told me today that it is faster than crome and of course IE. Has anyone else tried it,,, is it faster ??

Firefox 4 is perfection. While Chrome is praised for its speed, I've generally had bad experiences with using it because I found many pages will not load properly. Firefox 4 is just as fast- if not faster, and will load the entire page properly. I don't see why people complain about the position of the tabs, they work for me- and they can be changed.

Firefox 4 is perfection. While Chrome is praised for its speed, I've generally had bad experiences with using it because I found many pages will not load properly. Firefox 4 is just as fast- if not faster, and will load the entire page properly. I don't see why people complain about the position of the tabs, they work for me- and they can be changed.

I also dislike chrome it's really hard to use and I hate the way it shows your last viewed pages.

The visual changes in Firefox 4 are quite substantial. Tabs now live along the top of the browser, above the address bar (which Firefox calls the "Awesome Bar"). Menus have vanished; to get at all of the browser's features, you click a button labeled "Firefox" at the top left corner of the browser and a menu drops down. (If you're a big fan of menus, you can always get them back by clicking the "Firefox" button and choosing Options --> Menu Bar.)

Personally I'm a chrome kind of guy, but I did try out FF4 for a few days when it came out and was generally impressed. They fixed a lot of things that were wrong with 3.6 and made it look modern (YAY screen space). While I still find chrome to be faster, it's much better than it used to be and I'm happy with the accelerated release schedule. I've heard a lot from my buddies about how "oh it just copied everything from Opera and Chrome!" but I think that's a good idea. Diversity is good in an industry, but if something is good use it. And if you don't like the new interface it's fairly easy to mod it back to the old look while still keeping the new features (sync, HTML 5 rendering, better speed, etc.).

Since i updated to firefox 4 I am having a standard issue when something requires to be opened in a new window this message appears "what happened:TypeError: Components.classes['@mozilla.org/extensions/manager;1'] is undefined" When a click ok it allows it to open but boy is it annoying. Never had this problem with any of firefox 3 versions. Also speed can lag at times then suddenly page timeout message will appear. Once try again or refresh is clicked the page suddenly appears at super speed. I want 3.6 back was very happy with that version :(

Back
Top Bottom