Do you think someone will ever come up with a solution to computer viruses?

no.

in order to prevent viruses, you need to know about them. There are thousands of viruses created per hour in the world, across hundreds of platforms, software and firmware. Someone, somewhere can write malicious code to infect anyone on any device anywhere. Windows has the most viruses because it is the majority OS, but if Mac OS or Linux became the majority OS, it would become a much bigger target for malware and more UNIX and Linux viruses would be made.

You could make an AV program to block viruses coming in, but if the definitions are out of date by even a few hours, a new trojan or virus can get in and infect you, without your AV even knowing.

think of it likes this

The question of whether or not we will even have a simple solution to viruses is like asking if we will ever have a general cure for the common cold.

There are so many variations, no one thing can cure them all. Instead we have symptomatic cures for some of them (Anti-virus) like horlicks.

think of it likes this

The question of whether or not we will even have a simple solution to viruses is like asking if we will ever have a general cure for the common cold.

There are so many variations, no one thing can cure them all. Instead we have symptomatic cures for some of them (Anti-virus) like horlicks.

Just to mention, last time I heard, in the medical field a "universal vaccine" is being prepared to start being used next year.

Besides viruses I was reading up on malware that can take over somebody's computer for all sorts of illegitimate purposes which we have to worry about too. I hope that somebody will find an answer.

Simple answer is now. Viruses generate too much money for the people who code them (either by pretending to be a legitimate antivirus that happened to install itself and find thousands of threats or selling your information) to die. As long as there is money in it, people will spend the time to outsmart anti-virus programs.

Back
Top Bottom