How is life in the UK ?

It's not the cheapest place in the world - but it's certainly not the most expensive.

The rioting is nothing serious... It's pretty localised.

Sounds like a ripoff. I only pay $30 for a 7Mb line...
Unfortunately, there isn't much to use as an alternative. My son lives about 5 miles away and pays about $40 for a >20M connection. The only reason I pay that much is because my employer reimburses me, otherwise I would have an even slower connection but at a much lower cost.

The same as it's been in the last couple of decades really. Everyone's moaning about the weather, petrol's expensive and going up, politics is as crap as ever and everyone's moaning about the weather. I doubt that'll change any time soon! Oh and did I mention the weather is crap?

(Actually, it's been pretty nice the last few days - I shouldn't moan!)

On the plus side there does seem to be more work around than previously, we haven't had any huge natural disasters and as long as politics remains a crap waste of time, that gives me a good excuse for not having to care about it.

Life goes on! It's just about making the most of what's out there really, and comparing the situation here to that in Japan, Libya or Christ Church in New Zealand, I'd say we're pretty fortunate.

Back
Top Bottom