RAM Help

JavaMan

Beta member
My computer is rather old (bought in 2004 or 2005) and it only has 1GB of RAM. I'm running Windows 7. I am a programmer and have many applications on my computer that simply tear through RAM very fast, so I need to upgrade a bit.

I'm not sure where to start however. I require DDR2 RAM and from my system properties it looks like both RAM sticks I have in (they are factory products) only run at 200 MHz.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

AB

That's a bit out of my price range. I think 2GB will do. I also think that there is a restriction on certain computers where one stick of RAM can only have as much as "X" MB or GB. Is this true? And if so, how do I find out the maximum?

go to mrmemory.co.uk (free delivery for uk only) or crucial.com (us) or crucial.com/uk (uk). you just put in your manufacturer, then product line then model and they will tell you info about what your computer can take and gives you options of what to buy and there usually is a video on how to fit it. this only applies if your pc isnt a custom built or you built it your self;)

go to mrmemory.co.uk (free delivery for uk only) or crucial.com (us) or crucial.com/uk (uk). you just put in your manufacturer, then product line then model and they will tell you info about what your computer can take and gives you options of what to buy and there usually is a video on how to fit it. this only applies if your pc isnt a custom built or you built it your self;)

the bit about applying to no custom built is because the site asks for a brand product line model etc so if you know what ram you had in your custom built pc and know what branded pc's it fits you could do that if all that makes sense

Back
Top Bottom