Windows Server 2008 won't recognize my tape drive!!

nothingclever

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I have a dell Poweredge T310 server that I'm trying to install an HP StorageWorks Dat 320 internal tape drive on and it's been an extreme pain. This system had no molex connections from it's power supply, so I had to find a sata to molex converter which took forever, then when I finally got that part, plugged my tape drive in, fed a usb cable from my internal drive to one of the back ports, turned on the server and voila! ...nothing! I am running windows 2008 R2 64 bit and It if I go into device manager, The tape drive does show up and it says it's working properly, but it doesnt show up as a drive. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

tape support is officially discontinued by Microsoft.

you'll have to use your backup software and vendor drivers (either drivers supplied with the tape drive from the manufacturer, or drivers supplied by the backup software provider).

there is no way that you can get the drive to show up as drive either in windows explorer or using NT backup.

If it is showing up in the device manager, it should also show up in the disk manager under System Management. If it doesn't show up there, then the drivers/software from the vendor are needed at this point, as root pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom