graphic card upgrade worth it?

chewy1

Beta member
Windows 7 proffesional 64 bit
HP-Pavillion
AMD Phenom (tm) 9750 Quad Core 2.4ghz
8192 mb ram
Nvidia GeForce 9100

I am currently playing RIFT, well trying too. When I can afford to I will be building my own gaming computer, but for now I am hoping to be able to do a little upgrade to try and improve the performance of my computer. The problem I am having with RIFT is that on lowest visual settings at almost exactly every 15 minutes the game lags out badly for 5 minutes. Can practically set my watch to it. I know I need a better graphics card, but from other forums that i have posted on I have been told that my cpu is on the low end of performance and that upgrading the graphics card may not improve anything. So I am hoping to get some extra info as too whether it would be a waste of time and money to upgrade my PSU/Graphic card for a temporary fix to get buy for now.

My motherboard has one PCIeX16 slot and three PCIeX1 slots. If upgrading may improve the game could I get some affordable PSU/Graphics card recommendations that are fairly affordable ($150-$300 range). Thanks.

i would recomend the ati hd 5770 xfx it is very affordable with great performance. it should cost around $150-170
it can run most games on high and maximum graphics.
or you could buy a second hand nvidia graphics card and just do sli that will work to.

Back
Top Bottom