Keyboard not working right

mrscherer

Solid State Member
Hi, My fathers keyboard starting working really funny. You have to hold in the key for like 5 sec for any letter/number to pop up, if you type fast on it they just wont pop up. (hope that makes sense..) I switched his keyboard to my computer and it works fine so its not the keyboard. He got a gateway computer if it helps at all. Also he didn't receive and CD with drivers on them with his computer, i think i can get online if you guys think that may fix the problem. I don't really know anything about computers so any info/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
~Dane

Tap the shift key and a bunch of times and a box should come of for StickyKeys or something, click settings. Make sure all the boxes are unticked for StickyKeys, ToggleKeys and the other one which i forgot.

i think you can also get to this page through control panel -> accessibility? or maybe keyboard settings. (not on a windows PC right now so i can't check)

hope this helped a little.

Thank you very much, he didn't have sticky keys on but he did have slow keys on. So i changed it to bounce keys and it fixed it. :)

I had problems on my "piano" numbers on keyboard not working... later found out that other keyboards work fine on my pc..
not shure.. probably keyboad is mest up!

Back
Top Bottom