ATI + nVidia PhsyX + Vista???

Fisher

Fully Optimized
I have a 5870 and I also have an old 8800GTX. My problem is that I have Vistax64 and that to my current understanding it wont allow two GPUS.

Does any know if microsoft or anyone else has released a hotfix or something to allow me to use my ATI 5870 as my primary graphics card and the 8800GTX for PhysX support in Vista or am I going to have to be forced into upgrading to Windows 7?? which I probably wont as I really dont like

OT for a second here; how can you possibly like Vista, but not like 7? lol It's basically Vista with most of the sh!t parts removed.

Also, Vista had crap support for everything, so i doubt running PhysX and dual cards was high on their list. They were more into trying to find out where the red screen of death came from.

The parts I dont like are those annoying gimicks the put in such as when you pull a window up to the top it will expand it fully and the task bar at the bottom wiht the way they stack the programs on it. Most of all tho I dont like the idea of having to pay Microsoft for another operating system that I have pretty much just brought a couple of years before. If they could give it to me for half price as I have already brought alot of it in Vista then I would buy it.

EDIT: anyway to get a legit version cheap? such as say if I was to accidently buy a pirate version, would Microsoft then guide me to their website to buy a cheaper but legit copy due to this?

wouldn't know, i was always perfectly content with using pirate versions anyway, it was sort of fun to dodge around MS's little things to try and catch you out, like when they check validation whenever you install anything else 'Microsoft' and there stupid WGATRAY watermark would appear. I got my genuine copy for free from MSDN too, so i've still never actually bought an OS.

Back
Top Bottom