Looking for a couple answers about this rig:

Archlvt

In Runtime
Buy the iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 568Q6 Gaming PC at TigerDirect.ca

I want a gaming PC for Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, various MMOs like LOTRO, maybe some Starcraft 2. I want all of them to run at MAX settings at a perfect 60 fps (with crossfired hd5770s) I DON'T want to build one myself because something always goes wrong and then I end up having to troubleshoot things to find the source of the problem and send them back etc..

As far as prebuilds go, is this an alright price? And will I be able to crossfire a second hd5770 to this? I already have one that I bought last year. Would this overheat my system, and will the psu be able to handle that?

I don't care that I'm spending a couple extra bucks by buying a prebuilt pc, money is no object to me right now (but I also don't wanna go TOO overkill on it, so don't recommend anything more expensive).

Is this system easily upgradeable? Or will I be stuck with a stagnant pc down the road? I've always built my own out of mismatch components so I don't know much about prebuilds.

And lastly, does it matter what brand video cards you pair together? The one I already have is a Powercolor card, I don't know what brand I'd be getting with this purchase though.

Thanks in advance.

A perfect 60 FPS won't be had on 5770 video cards unless you play at resolutions lower than 1920x1200. Even accounting for CrossFire, the boards are just not that powerful. If you wanted to come out ahead, get the system, then sell the 5770's and buy a single GeForce GTX 570 or 580 and then you'll get set. I'm not saying that they won't work at all, but if your expectations are a solid 60 FPS no matter what at high resolutions, those cards are too slow.

and no, it doesn't matter, at least with AMD video cards, who the vendor is as long as they are the same family.

I never said anything about 1200p resolution. I can only run at 1440x900 because that's all my monitor will support, and I love my monitor to death. By the time I replace it, I will want a new video card anyway, which won't be for a long time.

Right now my current system is a dual core 2.33ghz cpu, 2gb ddr2 ram on vista 32 bit, hd5770. I run most games at 60 fps on max settings, some of them have to be turned down to high instead of ultra high though.

Am I perhaps better off with this?

Newegg.ca - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2065LQ Phenom II X6 1090T(3.2GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6850 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Back
Top Bottom