How do I make my laptop fan quiter?

I find modern laptop designs to have very efficent/quiet cooling.
My dad's laptop I got him for christmas seems to turn fans off, or at least, drops them to a very low RPM until power is needed. Even when they power up, they aren't loud at all..

Is it a standard whirr, a high pitched noise? A shaky noise?

I find modern laptop designs to have very efficent/quiet cooling.
My dad's laptop I got him for christmas seems to turn fans off, or at least, drops them to a very low RPM until power is needed. Even when they power up, they aren't loud at all..

Is it a standard whirr, a high pitched noise? A shaky noise?

Just a standard whirr. If the laptop gets hotter, it will make the fan spin faster. And noisier.

Hmmm, I guess the term Mini in the laptop name, specifies it will indeed in that case, simply be using a fan that is a very small model to cool the insides. Maybe even as small as a 40mm or less, and when those spin up, you know it.

If you are past the warranty and feel safe doing so, there will be quieter fans of the same size available around

Hmmm, I guess the term Mini in the laptop name, specifies it will indeed in that case, simply be using a fan that is a very small model to cool the insides. Maybe even as small as a 40mm or less, and when those spin up, you know it.

If you are past the warranty and feel safe doing so, there will be quieter fans of the same size available around

Oke I guess I will give it a try :)

It will probably be the processor fan:

YouTube - Inside of an HP Mini 110

See that thing? That is the only fan I can actually see in the unit by the looks of it (1.48)

Now, I'm not sure if those are as readibly available to pick up, but there must be somewhere that will do quieter ones for laptops that will fit.

Any one have any clue?

Back
Top Bottom