Decision on the processor for my first build.

MERC767

Baseband Member
I am making my first build, I have purchased a 1090t and a Gigabyte 880ga-ud3h Mobo and then I looked at the Sandybridge 2600k, and please note that I am planning on running 2 6970's in crossfire (My first one will be bought this week and the other one over the summer). And I know that my 1090t will create a bottleneck. So I thought, should I keep the 1090t, refund the mobo and CPU and put it towards the 2600k and the Mobo to go with it, or wait until the AMD Bulldozer chips come that are or should be compatible for my mobo this June.

This is kind of the dilemma I am in ATM too. Build an i5 2500k machine, or wait for bulldozer. :confused:

don't get sandy bridge stuff yet, Most all of it got recalled because intel's chipset was shocking. Personally i'd stick with the 1090T, it would run circles around the 2600k.

Use the 1090T then get Bulldozer if you feel you need too.

and @ xtropx, like i said the Sandy bridge chipsets were naff on release and probably still are, i'd wait for Bulldozer. AMD get it right alot more often IMHO.

don't get sandy bridge stuff yet, Most all of it got recalled because intel's chipset was shocking. Personally i'd stick with the 1090T, it would run circles around the 2600k.

and @ xtropx, like i said the Sandy bridge chipsets were naff on release and probably still are, i'd wait for Bulldozer. AMD get it right alot more often IMHO.

Well do you think I could Crossfire 2 6970's with the 1090t and have a bottleneck or no?

i wouldn't have thought anything with the processing power of the 1090T would bottleneck you. If the 1090t was bottlenecking your performance, so would a 2600k

I will just keep my 1090t until the Bulldozer comes out as it will have the same AM3 socket and it sounds like it's worth the wait thank you for the input!

So wait are we discussing the 1090T vs the i7 2600k or the i5 2500k? Because I was under the impression that both Intel processors performed better. Better then even the 1100T, which correct me if I am wrong is AMD's best processor ATM. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom