buy Alienware M15x for gaming??

Ocolot

Beta member
Hello. I'm thinking of buying a new laptop that I will use for gaming. I have been looking at the Alienware M15x, and been watching reviews on youtube to see how good it is for gaming.

Currently I have a Dell Inspiron 1720:
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2GHz(Centrino if that helps)
3GB RAM
32-bit
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

It do works fine on many games. But there is alot of games I can't play. The games I play at the moment is Fallout New Vegas with lowest settings and at some places quite good lag^^ and the same with Rainbow Six Vegas, but with just minor lag.:(

I am planing to have a computer that will be able to run The Elders Scroll Skyrim when it comes out and it seems that the M15x might be able to run it good.(have seen on youtube people play Crysis on hight-very hight settings)

I DON'T want a desktop so we have that said. And don't wont to spent more than what I belive is 2 242 USD? live in Sweden so can't tell if that is the exact. And I want to know how much better Alienware M15x is compared to my current.

I have a hard time to customize the laptop so need help. Is the Intel Core i3 370M good for gaming when you have 512MB GeForce GT240M and 3GB RAM?

Sorry for long post and thanks for all help I can get. :)

well, Alienware are gaming laptops. Problem is, since Dell took them over, they have largely sucked. There are alot of better laptops for the money than the M15X. And when you say you dont want a desktop, because of how bulky and heavy the M15X is, compared with it's questionable battery life, it would be like half a hours battery running a game anyway, so it will probably end up living on the desk. But since you insist, have a look at some HP Pavillions (higher end), Dell XPS and im not sure about where you live, but personally i'd check out any custom shops in the area (e.g. MESH in the UK)

well, my current laptop is bigger and weight more than the M15x so that is not a problem. Same with the battery life, will almost always have it pluged in.
And as I said, I live in Sweden and mainly want a laptop that is much better than the one I use now as mentioned.

Not so good on computers so would be really nice if you could link to a good gaming laptop.

This one is just a little bit over your budget, but very nice: Asus G51JX 3D Gaming Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com

(I'm assuming by the converter comment that you're in Europe)

sorry, this converter is confusing^^ the budget is 2.389 dollar more exact so that laptop is below that.
Yes, I live in Sweden so we have our own currency(Swedish Kronor) so I belive that, that laptop is alot better than the one I use now?:p Yeah, I see it on the specifications, but like for example: Crysis is a game with extreme graphic requirements. Just to make it easy for me, will this computer be able to play Crysis?xD

thanks for the link btw.

Ok, so now it stands between 2 computers:
this one: Asus G51JX 3D Gaming Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com
and Dell XPS 15 that I customize to this:

Intel Core i7-2620M processor
2GB RAM(or should I take with 3GB? think it is worth that little extra cost)
1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 525M

Which one of these is the best? seems that I get both very cheap, and aparantly they both can take Crysis so...

Back
Top Bottom