What would you like to see in your computer?

I need a new video card with more VRAM. I killed my 5750 recently, so I'm down to a single 1 GB 5770 to drive a 5760x1200 eyefinity setup. I also need a new hard drive. I used to have a 160 GB boot drive with 2 250GB 7200.10s in RAID0, but I ended up sticking the 160 GB into the main HTPC as a boot drive and one of the 250 GB drives in the second htpc because the one it came with died.

i am happy with my system and its performance, But if I had to choose I would like 2 x fast SSD hard-drives running in raid 0 :)

probably just a bigger storage HDD, maybe a SDD but.... i feel there useless

well, they do shave alot off of your boot time, and have pretty crazy access speeds. My buddy put one in his work PC (had a WD Caviar blue before) and it boots in about 7 seconds now, as opposed to around 20 seconds before. Very rapid when working with quickboots/sage as well.

i guess but for a home computer that i only use for gaming, there is no reason to spend 100+ dollars on something that just makes my computer turn on faster, god forbid i go use the bathroom real fast when i hit the power button lol.
or just leave it in sleep 24.7

i just dont see the reason or rhyme.

At this moment, I'm planning on doing full liquid cooling. just saving my pennies.

i guess but for a home computer that i only use for gaming, there is no reason to spend 100+ dollars on something that just makes my computer turn on faster, god forbid i go use the bathroom real fast when i hit the power button lol.
or just leave it in sleep 24.7

i just dont see the reason or rhyme.

And I agree here, SSD's are for bragging rights basically. Unless your doing 20 tasks at once...

Back
Top Bottom