Crysis 1 under 30FPS on only High !

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
See my rig below and tell me what reason i would have to not be able to play the original crysis on "very high" settings.

Currently im on "high" settings and getting about 20 - 30 FPS !

Was their even a rig card out back in 2007 that could even play this game maxed ?

Well I personally would recommend getting a CPU above or at 3ghz and maybe an upgrade on your Vid card depends on what you want to pay for a vid card but I bought a AMD 1090T Black Edition Hex core for $200.00

I dont think buying a new CPU is worth it just to play one game.

Could it be possibly that im running two monitors from the one card ? . if i unplug a monitor would i get a better value ?

I dont think buying a new CPU is worth it just to play one game.

Could it be possibly that im running two monitors from the one card ? . if i unplug a monitor would i get a better value ?

Well you could notice a change if you were to run only one monitor but have you ever considered overclocking?

I did overclock my CPU to 3GHz but the temps started to reach 71 - 74 degrees and computer wasnt stable so i reverted back. i could give it another go.

I did overclock my CPU to 3GHz but the temps started to reach 71 - 74 degrees and computer wasnt stable so i reverted back. i could give it another go.
Well you should consider maybe a new case, or more fans, maybe even liquid cooling for overclocking. But a good thing that you could get would be a better GPU like this Newegg.com - MSI N470GTX Twin Frozr II GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This would be a good card for the price it has a very good review average and such.

this is the exact GPU i have now (its the OC 2 eddition) Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini HDMI Out.. | Ebuyer.com

What makes the product you suggested any better than this one ?
Oh I apologize I must've not saw that sorry well in that case you could get a second GTX 460 and run them in SLI that would improve it but your CPU might be a bottleneck.
Or, as I said before get more fans maybe a different case with more fans or liquid cooling if you want to overclock your CPU.

Ok mate I appreciate your advice. I think I may have to reapply my thermal paste as stupidly I used the stuff that was pre applied on the heat sink rather than getting some Arctic silver 5. then re overclock to 3GHz. And your first suggestion i can not do as again stupidly i didnt get a motherboard that supported 2 PCIE slots lol :).

Nevermind, i was just curious as to why i was getting the same performance from my GTX460 as i was when i had my 9800GT ! which i only paid 80 for.

are both monitors running the game? if not, I really don't see a problem. I ran that game in a 2.4 Core2Duo with a GTS8800 and 3gb of ram on high and was averaging 40ish FPS

Back
Top Bottom