First time Pc Build Trouble!!!!!!

Lukethebean

Beta member
Hello everybody, I recently bought the parts to build a gaming rig. I installed all the parts correctly by the instructions and powered it on....Everything turned on and started running, except the monitor said "no signal". Ive been trying to find a solution for a while....ive taken the pc apart and put it back together 3 times....still nothing....
Ive tried to: Reset the CMOS. Only install the necessary parts to start it. among other things. Still nothing.....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the parts:
ASRock 870 Extreme3 True 333 Motherboard
EVGA Geforce GTX460 Nvidia Graphics card
AMD Phenom II 4 Core processer 3.2 ghz socket am3
HD 500G Sata2 Hard Drive
Asus DVD burner/disk drive
PSU StablePower 500W power supply.
2x2 Gskill Ram 4G

Never heard of the power supply brand before, but general consensus online says that it should be OK for a build like that.

If you haven't tried another monitor yet, that should have been the first thing. Alternatively, do you have any beeps on startup? Just the one normal one, or several?

It's also possible you have the system grounding out somewhere, even after 3 rebuilds. Try building up just the motherboard (with CPU & RAM) on a flat surface (wood desk is fine) and plug in the video card and power supply. Then try turning it on by shorting the PWR contacts. If it does it there as well, you've either got:

Dead Motherboard
Dead CPU
Dead Video Card

If you have another video card to test with, that would be ideal, the CPU&Mobo are hard to test without replacements of those. It could also just be a DOA board.

I took it to Geek Squad...and they told me it was misplaced jumpers....ive been switching them around but still nothing....

Back
Top Bottom