Need your advice: eBay Dispute

GhostGT

Daemon Poster
I'll try to keep this very short and simple, guys.

I listed a pre-owned black Macbook on eBay a few weeks ago.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...0234333&tid=0&ssPageName=ADME:X:CPSOS:US:1123

Item sold for ~$700 and all was well. Then, the buyer e-mailed me yesterday stating that the Adobe software isn't functioning on the laptop, and required a serial key. Now, this is almost impossible because I've been using Photoshop and Premiere on this laptop for a few weeks, and verified that it was a full, legitimate installation.

I emailed him stating that I'd help him resolve the issue, and that I will look into resending him the serial and/or finding another solution, but he bitterly replied to every single email with harsh words and "I want my money back" lines. I told him I'd find a solution for him ASAP. He responded by filing a dispute against me, asking for a full refund. :eek:

In all honesty, I would have gladly accepted a return if it weren't for this tool's behavior and way of approaching things. Normally, I'd take the refund and sell it to the second-highest bidder, but I can't stand the fact that this guy is pushing his way around the issue without true facts. He even states that I'm not offering to help him, and that the product is non-functional. I KNOW for a fact that the Adobe suite was fully functional right before selling it... and I don't see how it suddenly went bad over a single weekend since it was a full, non-demo retail copy.

What do you guys think are my chances in the eBay dispute system? I have two major points I can use:

1. The software was fully functional right before selling it, and I checked this many times (probably won't mean much to eBay)
2. As you guys can see, I put a disclaimer at the end of the auction stating that I can't be held responsible if software/programs are missing from their original installations since this wasn't my laptop to begin with. (Again, I don't know if this means anything in the eBay world).

So, in all honesty, what do you guys think? What are my chances in the dispute system? I figure that I can give the dispute an "escalation" and provide eBay with my reasoning since the buyer is being a complete jerk with me. Even if I lose it, I'll be forced to refund him anyway, so I don't really see any cons in that situation.

I'd love some feedback from you all, and thanks!

1. You can use the e-mails to refute the point that you're not helping him.
2. You put a disclaimer regarding the functionality of software
3. The product IS functional, just the software isn't. That's taken care by ^.

You telling eBay that you know Adobe worked on there for sure isn't doing to do much. However, what I listed may have some influence because you can provide proof.

Continue the offers of help through the Ebay resolution centre.
This. If ebay can see that you're continually offering to help and that he's being completely unreasonable in his responses, they'll look on you much more favourably.

just a quick question...

Didn't you send the install disk/serials with the machine?

Clear your paypal account. Make sure he can't get the money back. This is a perfect example of buyer's remorse. Sales are final on ebay. If the seller is willing to cooperate with someone, that person can consider themselves lucky.

Unless the Adobe suite was a major selling point, I see no reason why this person even has justification.

Back
Top Bottom