Virus

mistycom

Baseband Member
My thumbdrive has been hit by some trojan virus and is a threat to other computers. However, when i used Norton Antivirus to scan the files in it, it shows no signs of virus. This can't be possible whichever computer which the thumbdrive had been used on gave series of warnings even before i open the files in it. Is there a way where i can track the virus in it manually without using any antivirus programme? Why isn't Norton antivirus responding to such obvious threats? I understand that an antivirus programme cant completely detect all viruses but to totally miss them is a serious issue. What could possibly be the reasons behind?

Norton may not be updated with the latest definitions..also try Avira Antivir, it is free and I think is better than Norton..

Scan the files with Malwarebytes virus scanner. Get them off your drive, and scan them on your desktop, make a backup there.. Reformat your drive and start afresh once the files have been scanned.

My thumbdrive has been hit by some trojan virus and is a threat to other computers. However, when i used Norton Antivirus to scan the files in it, it shows no signs of virus. This can't be possible whichever computer which the thumbdrive had been used on gave series of warnings even before i open the files in it. Is there a way where i can track the virus in it manually without using any antivirus programme? Why isn't Norton antivirus responding to such obvious threats? I understand that an antivirus programme cant completely detect all viruses but to totally miss them is a serious issue. What could possibly be the reasons behind?

is it not allowing to format????

Back
Top Bottom