Disassambled laptop doesn't work!

DMS

Beta member
Hi.. so the problem is, I disassambled my laptop samsung r40 + and then put together without any plastic housing, just hardware and screen . . tried to turn it on but - mainbord shows that it is turned on - HDD activity LED doesn't bling but HDD is connected .. anyway LCD screen also doesn't work even if the system is put together in the same way as it would be in normal full functional laptop . . is this some kind of mainbord damage ? or maybe .... there is some parts left like aluminium sheets under the LCD screen and HDD . . maybe they mean something to the system and they are the problem why laptop doesnt work ? . . even if the mainbord would be broken - there must be LCD panel backlighet I guess . . what could be the problem ?I havent got any picture now but yes . . I have no clue whats wrong .. HDD works , CR ROM works , mainboard FAN works, but LCD is black and activity LEDs too . .

Sorry about english I'm from LV

Well You Really shouldnt dissasemble your good laptop you should get an old laptop that DOESNT work and dissasemble that one.
sorry but i think you may have damaged your motherboard or HD.

When you power up the laptop, do you receive any beeps? Does it shut off after a period of time when left on? (Note: I wouldn't leave it on to find that out though, as the laptop case is designed to keep the hardware cool, so if you truly have it out 'naked' then I would personally expect there to be more problems than you're posting). As for the metal sheet behind the laptop screen, I believe (someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) this is another cooling mechanism and has nothing to do with operation.

I solved the problem, there was a problem with connectors and dust, and RAM wasn't properly inserted . . so thank you for info !

AND - why i am disassambling my laptop > - because i am building something like monitor computer, integrating LCD panel and laptop into 1 monitor :)

Back
Top Bottom