sdwrestler1012

Solid State Member
Build:
Intel core i3-536 CPU
ASUS P7H55-M pro MOBO
2X 2gb kingston ddr3 1333mhz-ram
corsair cx600 power supply
antec fusion remote case
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

I get a green light on the mobo, with power to all components. I have tried both the VGA and hdmi connections, but neither seems to output a signal to the monitor. All fans and such power up. I have no speaker on the case not sure what i need to do to get the display to show up. This is my first build so i am a noob. Any help is greatly appreciated

I cant tell if it lights up or not. It sounds like it is working but not completely sure. My case doesn't have speakers on it so i can not hear any beeps. What exactly is a POST failure. Thanks!

POST, or Power On Self Test, is a set of inspections that a computer does on itself before it loads the OS or even turns the monitors on. If any of your hardware is installed incorrectly or if any of it is 'dead' then it will fail this POST test and will halt the boot process from going ahead.

Normally, when a computer successfully passes POST, it makes a single 'beep' and turns on the monitors, and gets on with loading Windows. If it fails the POST test, it will just stop, the monitors will be off and the hard drive LED won't be flashing since it hasnt got that far. The most common cause of POST failures in my experience is RAM and Graphics cards.

i had this problem recently, which i eventually found was a bad RAM slot killing my DIMM and making my PC fail POST. IT just hangs with the monitors on standby.

Ok so I got a case speaker and now when I boot up it makes two beeps. I also moved my hard drive to a new SATA slot and the computer now comes on the monitor and goes to this screen for like 10 seconds then goes to another screen and says something about boot load. I don't have a disc drive so I baby boot my OS from there. I was planning on doing it from a Ian using ubuntu. I know I need to get into my BIOS setup but I can't seem to get there.

ok so i got the computer to boot and can get into bios setting but i cant figure out how to boot my os from a usb. I do not have a cd drive so that is not an option. I am trying to install ubuntu 10.10.

Back
Top Bottom