How do you completely wipe your computer?

ryan10toon

Beta member
i was given a free laptop off school and it has loads of security on it so i cant install any programs without an admin password or go on most sites.

ive tried putting a windows 7 disk in but i cant install it as need admin account, password etc.

ive tried booting from disk on start up but security settings dont let me boot from disks or usb

any ideas on how to get rid of the admin password without installing anything, running anything or booting from start up or just completely removing everything

thanks

also its on windows vista

You need the BIOS password from school. Your only other option would be to disassemble it and remove the BIOS battery to remove the BIOS password.

You need the BIOS password from school. Your only other option would be to disassemble it and remove the BIOS battery to remove the BIOS password.

I can speak from experience that this does not always work with laptops.

Yeah I was just about to suggest removing the CMOS battery, so that way everything in the bios gets reset ...

In that case you can shred the harddrive (Shredding resets all the sectors on the harddrive to 0 so nothing can be recovered) and install windows 7 ontop of that.

Back
Top Bottom