Speaker Recommendations

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
I'm currently looking at the Creative t3130 (Newegg.com - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1 Speakers)
Any other suggestions? I'm looking for something for my bedroom, preferrably 2.1 (don't have anywhere to put more speakers =/), and around the $50 range. I would like something that is pretty accurate to the original recording (these will mainly be for music), ie: not an absurd amount of bass or something like that. I do want some sort of bass for a change though, currently I'm using the 1 watt speakers in my monitor >_> Also, I'm not too worried about actual wattage/volume, as even the speakers I have no very seldom get turned up past 50% (I don't want to piss off everyone in my house ), although I would like to put out some decent volume for when no one else is home. I'm not really an audiophile or anything like that, but I do know the difference between nice speakers and crap, so I do have some sort of expectations (I am aware of how much I'm spending though). Thanks for any and all help

I'm not expecting the world. I'd just like an upgrade from what I have now, with some damn bass for a change. I'd like to save some of my money for a decent soundsystem in my car when I find one, and I'd also like to buy Homefront some time soon. So around $60 is about as high as I can really go, especially once you consider shipping. What's better about the ones that you linked? I'm a little put off by the fact that they don't have a dedicated sub tbh, and I don't really have the room to put those on my desk =/

What's better about the ones that you linked? I'm a little put off by the fact that they don't have a dedicated sub tbh, and I don't really have the room to put those on my desk =/

Simply put, they should sound better across the board. I say "should", because I've never listened to either and sound is one of those things that's mostly subjective. Daytons are known for being great bang-for-your-buck speakers though.

The Daytons have a tweeter and a woofer while the T3130s have just a woofer. This makes it harder for the T3130s to represent treble correctly since it also has to handle mids. Since the T3130 is a really small system, the subwoofer has to handle lower-mids rather than just bass which makes bass sound weird and muddy since it has to handle frequencies a subwoofer shouldn't have to handle.

Since space is an issue I would like to say Swan M10, but those are double your budget. At the budget you need, there probably isn't too much difference between competing kits for the same price as the T3130.

Swan M10

Simply put, they should sound better across the board. I say "should", because I've never listened to either and sound is one of those things that's mostly subjective. Daytons are known for being great bang-for-your-buck speakers though.

The Daytons have a tweeter and a woofer while the T3130s have just a woofer. This makes it harder for the T3130s to represent treble correctly since it also has to handle mids. Since the T3130 is a really small system, the subwoofer has to handle lower-mids rather than just bass which makes bass sound weird and muddy since it has to handle frequencies a subwoofer shouldn't have to handle.

Since space is an issue I would like to say Swan M10, but those are double your budget. At the budget you need, there probably isn't too much difference between competing kits for the same price as the T3130.

Swan M10

True, but the Daytons don't have a dedicated sub either, correct? Anyhow, like I said, I'm not looking for an audiophile set. Down the road I will be, but for right now the budget is more important. I appreciate the suggestions though.

Yeah, no sub.

No problem. For your budget, the T3130 should suit you fine. I'm sure self-entitled audiophiles could nit-pick you all day about it, but if it fits the budget and sounds good to you then that's all that matters.

Yeah, no sub.

No problem. For your budget, the T3130 should suit you fine. I'm sure self-entitled audiophiles could nit-pick you all day about it, but if it fits the budget and sounds good to you then that's all that matters.

Yeah, I get where they're coming from, but if it really bothers them they're more than welcome to donate some money towards decent equipment ^_^
The budget is really what matters right now, but down the road I'll be sure to take your advice into consideration. I would love to have a really nice 5.1 set up some day.

Back
Top Bottom