USB PCI Controller Driver For Win7??

Grizzly660

Solid State Member
So i just upgraded my Dell 8250 to Windows 7 from XP. Having a lot of problems with drivers issues but getting most things to work. What i can't seem to find on the net is a driver for an Adaptec AUA-5100B PCI To USB card. ltest driver update was in 2007 i think but only for XP. Any idea on how i can get this to work. By editing the files, anything i really want to use it. Please and thank you!!

Here's what I could find on the types of cards supported under Windows 7 via Windows Compatibility update. You could try seeing if Windows Update can find drivers for it too, but if you've already run the update and they're not installing, it's possible that there exists no drivers for the card

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...spx?l=en-us&type=Hardware&s=Adaptec AUA-5100B

I couldn't find any generic drivers for this card online anywhere, so it's possible that it's just not supported. USB is so ubiquitous anymore that most drivers come with Windows, so you may just have to toss the card out and buy another, or, less expensively, buy a powered USB Hub and use what came with the computer in addition to the hub.

Thank you for your posts. I have done windows update just updated to SP1. No luck:( looks like I might just keep it for future use since my desktop does have 6 USB ports. It's just nice to have an internal port for any reason that I might need it. I'm looking into building a new desktop anyway, sick of the slow free pcs I get from people who don't want them. Again thanks for your help! I will probably be posting a thread on motherboards and other internal parts shortly, hence the fact I'm going to be building a new rig.

Back
Top Bottom