overclocking i5 750

Smoovbiscuit

Beta member
I am new to over clocking, but would like to squeeze a little extra performance out of my machine. How much (if at all) could I OC my i5 750 with stock cooling? Should I just wait until I have the money for better cooling? I have a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P mobo (I think thats what it is, its one of the p55A's)

as you know the stock cooler isent good for overclocking. but that doesent meen that you cant overclock.
do you know how to overclock?

if so.
it is just finding a speed that doesent make the cpu tempature go to high.
i will recommend cinebench to tjek if it is getting to hot. also to see the difference in performance.
i think you will be able to get 3,5. might even higher if you do it right.

i had my core i7 920 at 4 ghz with stuck cooler.
howerver in game when my room temps are high, it whould be way to high temps.
it bsod on me twise in 1 week because of overheating, so i downclocked it to 3,6. no problem there.

you can also make the overclock unstable. like if the volt isent right, or if you have some cpu fetures set wrong.

I haven't over clocked before, but I have been watching videos and reading about it a bit. I think I'm going to hold off on it for now until I get a better case or actually need the extra speed. My computer is in a pretty small case with not the best airflow, and I don't want to burn out my processor. Maybe Ill practice on my slower computer first, its an AMD phenom 2 555 dual core 3.2, its supposed to be pretty easy to OC from what I hear. Thanks for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom