Random Chit Chat

What's up with the apple app store does it now force you to put in a payment method for even getting free apps? I tried to get a free app just now with my account with no payment info and it said you need to enter a payment method to make purchases from the app store.

What's up with the apple app store does it now force you to put in a payment method for even getting free apps? I tried to get a free app just now with my account with no payment info and it said you need to enter a payment method to make purchases from the app store.

At my job, we have a similar system setup. It's either a design flaw or it was intended to be that way. Even though $0.00 is nothing, it still counts as something in the computer world, so if there's an IF statement in there requiring paymentMethod be on file before payment is processed, then regardless of the cost it's going to require information. I don't have any Apple products though so I can't confirm if what you're getting is truly a fluke or the way it is intended.

Doesn't work. Opera mini doesn't actually simulate a right click, it just has a predetermined menu that can be opened by long pressing. I need something that can simulate right click in java applications. So far, I've found nothing.

Ah ok. Hmm I don't know of any mobile browsers with that capability either. Have you tried if Mozilla Fennec? Maybe it will work, but I haven't tested it in that area myself.

Just got my Radeon HD 5670, I know it's not top of the line but it plays SC2 on high with no lag. Oh boy...

So... I just fried my CPU. I had the water cooling pump daisy chained behind two case fans. Turns out that when I plugged the case fan back in earlier, one of the pins fell out of the plug. I didn't notice until the computer shut off. I let it cool, and it managed to boot, but froze after about 5 minutes. Now it won't even post. UGH. I guess I'm gonna get a sempron or something to hold me off until the summer. I'm going to be permanently switching to air cooling too.

EDIT: Crap. I picked up the motherboard to find it sitting in a pool of coolant. It seems the heat cracked the waterblock and made it leak all the coolant out.

Back
Top Bottom