Random Chit Chat

YEah they are a rip off if you ask me considering you can get a whole computer for that price and oh yes FLASH SUPPORT!! I might get the next gen ipod touch though in september if my old 2gen holds out until then. Itr will probably have the A5 chip as well. IS there even going to be a new iphone this year? they didn't mention it.

YEah they are a rip off if you ask me considering you can get a whole computer for that price and oh yes FLASH SUPPORT!! I might get the next gen ipod touch though in september if my old 2gen holds out until then. Itr will probably have the A5 chip as well. IS there even going to be a new iphone this year? they didn't mention it.

flash isnt even a big deal on the ipad I could care less bout crappy ads :(

Grantofhell said:
Or YouTube (outside of an application...) or Hulu...or newgrounds...or...dare I go on? Much less soon with Apple deprecating Java, too!

Apple won't do anything to Java except make it faster, because it's open source. According to Jobs the reasons Apple didn't include flash in their iDevices is because of battery life and also because it's closed source. There may be other things at work here, but that's what Jobs's note said.

Apple won't do anything to Java except make it faster, because it's open source. According to Jobs the reasons Apple didn't include flash in their iDevices is because of battery life and also because it's closed source. There may be other things at work here, but that's what Jobs's note said.

The battery life excuse is BS. Apple's claims were based off a very early flash build that was still lacking hardware acceleration. I have flash on my Dell Streak, and it seems to actually get better battery life with flash than HTML5.

Anyway, on the more pressing issues...

IMG_20110303_233856.jpg

WTF? The drive shows up in the BIOS, and passes the drive tests. It seems that HP was lazy when making their BIOS and only gave partial support to one of the sata ports. Looks like I just wasted two days of work. I should've spent a little extra and gone with an asus board...

In google maps for android, is there a way to draw custom maps? Now that it has a topographical layer and caching, that's all I need to replace my old pos garmin.

EDIT: I figured it out. Go to maps.google.com on a computer, sign in, then right click>draw line. Then, save it, go back to the phone, kill google the google maps process, reopen google maps, then go to layers>more layers>custom layers and it should be there. Awesome! Now if only I could find a browser that can emulate right click so I can edit directly from my phone...

foothead said:
In google maps for android, is there a way to draw custom maps? Now that it has a topographical layer and caching, that's all I need to replace my old pos garmin.

EDIT: I figured it out. Go to maps.google.com on a computer, sign in, then right click>draw line. Then, save it, go back to the phone, kill google the google maps process, reopen google maps, then go to layers>more layers>custom layers and it should be there. Awesome! Now if only I could find a browser that can emulate right click so I can edit directly from my phone...

Opera Mobile should work.

Back
Top Bottom