Sony vaio RC210g, need advice for new CPU

deucelittle

Beta member
I have had the sony vaio rc210g for 5 years, and I want to add a new cpu but I'm not sure what would be compatible with the motherboard/power/cooling/space. It has a pentium D cpu(3 ghz) and I was hoping to upgrade to something that could handle a ps2 emulator or be faster in general. Is there any hope for that?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116367

would that processor work and be a good upgrade?

^Not true. It depends on the chipset.

His chipset, in this case, does support a E6600, but won't support CPUs with 1333MHz FSBs.
It's an Intel 945P.

I would like to stay below 80$, but if needed I will go higher. Will that cpu i posted be a significant improvement or is there another cpu anyone would recommend?

This one Will work and is better than the one you have looked at. obviously its $15 more but will be worth the extra.

And yes acording to my knowledge that CPU you have selected will work however that one only runs at 800MHz whereas you chipset can run at 1066Mhz max.

The one I have suggested runs at 1066MHz so you will be getting the fastest and best performance possible for your motherboard.

This one Will work and is better than the one you have looked at. obviously its $15 more but will be worth the extra.

And yes acording to my knowledge that CPU you have selected will work however that one only runs at 800MHz whereas you chipset can run at 1066Mhz max.

The one I have suggested runs at 1066MHz so you will be getting the fastest and best performance possible for your motherboard.

Thanks man! Guys like yall make it easier for everyone, cheers!

sadly, the chipset doesn't support that cpu, and I ordered it and received already :(. No refund is possible, so I guess I might as well get a new motherboard to go with it. Any suggestions for a cheap motherboard that will work?

Oh boy...

Hey arsenalbates, you pickin up the tab for that motherboard? xD

I think i should stay out of this thread, dont you :)

Sorry to missdirect you. can i confirm that this is the spec of you PC
Here ?

Im sure they will let you return the item if you say that the product is not fit for for purpose ? no ?

Back
Top Bottom