Need help findong a power supply

Dr.BombSquad

Beta member
here's the deal I have set my mind on a 950 watt power supply and originally i was going to buy the Diablotek RPM950 from amazon but they are out of stock at the time, and i was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on a different power supply.

All suggestions are appreciated

Always, always, always buy a dependable PSU. A dependable PSU is much much more important than the wattage. Dependable PSUs are Corsair, PC Power and Cooling, Thermaltake, XFX, Rosewill, Antec, among several others. Just remember, the PSU is the one component that can fry everything else. I've never heard of Diablotek, and would avoid it. Also, what are your specs? You most likely don't need that much wattage either.

Personally I would never go for anything other than corsair, they have to be the most reliable and well rated companies out there for PSU's. I have this and have had no troubles as of yet (had it about 1 - 1,1/2 years). Has all the power connectors you could dream of and I never have to worry about if I may or may not have the correct power cable for the hardware I upgrade to as this product as plenty of connectors.

Personally I would never go for anything other than corsair, they have to be the most reliable and well rated companies out there for PSU's. I have this and have had no troubles as of yet (had it about 1 - 1,1/2 years). Has all the power connectors you could dream of and I never have to worry about if I may or may not have the correct power cable for the hardware I upgrade to as this product as plenty of connectors.

I would say they have the best reputation. May not be what you're looking for though, if you want something with a snazzy lighted fan or modular cables though *shrug*

I agree that Corsair has one of the best reputations, however there are others, some of which Gibson listed above. It is also important to keep in mind that many of those brands and other provide multiple models or series of PSUs, some of which are better than others. So you have to look beyond just brand. Also, some other "lesser" brands provide some good models. While I agree that you need a good PSU, and that they too oftern are underrated, lower end systems don't always need a Cadillac.

Here is a link to a site with rankings on particular models, arranged by size:
The PSU Ranked List and Guide - Power-Supplies-PC-Cases-Case-Mods - CPU-Components

That said, if the OP would post the info on major system components as requested above - including any upgrades to be allowed for over the life of the PSU - and whether you plan to overclock the CPU and/or graphics card and SLI or Crossfire, then people here can help you more directly.

Back
Top Bottom