Problems with emails

desdichato

Baseband Member
Hi All,

I'm not sure which forum this should go so please excuse me if this is an incorrect post for this forum.

My problem is emails: I am finding that over the last few months that more and more emails are taking longer to arrive...as an example I check my emails before I retire for the night (about 23:30) but when I get on line the following morning I often find (up to 5) emails that claim to have arrived before 23:30 but had not shown up when I did my last check before bed.

I use the current version of Thunderbird (3.1.8) with Windows 7 Home, and am wondering whether anyone else has this hassle and can offer any suggestions.

Also are there any alternatives re-email (free preferably) packages other than outlook express/Incredimail/thunderbird so I can see whether the problem above is a software problem or not.

I suppose that the problem is with your mail server what is your email provider?

Thanks for the responce, but that is what I was thinking and I spent almost an hour online with them prior to writing on this forum....We made a few changes but as far as I can tell nothing seems to have changed but I guess it'll be a case of only time will tell.

When ever I check to see if there are any emails it now takes a long time compared to when I first started to use them.

What seems to be happening is that after dark it is almost like something is switched off (I guess an analogy would be when you exceed your download limit and you are throttled back to dial up speed...No!!! I have plenty of download usage left) and is mainly from one company (but there are others) that are arriving overnight, but according to the time on the email they were sent almost 3 hours before I retired for the night.

Thanks again for the responce

P

I Use Thunderbird as well But You Need To Have It Running at all times to receive emails on time all the time

Go to a local McDonalds or a place that offers free wifi and send yourself a test email. That will show if it's on the network.

Back
Top Bottom