Can anyone help please!!!!

macattack37

Beta member
I am considering doing a few computer courses CompTIA A+, MCSE/MCSA. I have had a look at a few training providers studying from home. Can anyone tell me who the best provider is please or am I just waisting my money. There are laods out there and I am just unsure who to go with. Your help and advice is greatly appreciated. thank you!!!

MCSE/MCSA is a long ass course, atleast from what i know of it (I failed MCITP, fml).

compTIA from what i know, use Prometric to do their exams, so you can take the exam in any prometric center in your area. Since A+ is a pretty 'foundation' qualification, you might be alright self-teaching then just paying for the exam, because the courses can ramp up the price 3-4x over the actual exam fee.

So all these training providers who say that you can do the MCSE/MCSA course in a year are just Bulls***ing then. I have just stared to read Mike Meyres CompTIA A+ certification book.
Thank you for replying and your advice Darkseeker much appreciated.

So all these training providers who say that you can do the MCSE/MCSA course in a year are just Bulls***ing then. I have just stared to read Mike Meyres CompTIA A+ certification book.
Thank you for replying and your advice Darkseeker much appreciated.​

A+ will get you a job at Best Buy, but that's about all it's good for these days.

MCITP is not for the faint of heart, but if you can find a school that does the training AND the tests, then it's worth it, but be prepared to shell out some money for it. A school local to me here does the MCSA revision of MCITP for about $7500 including tests, so you have to decide what you want to do.

For the record, an MCITP is going to be very favorable going forward, and is significantly less expensive than getting even an Associates in a computer degree. Some companies also don't care about college degrees and will only hire folks who have MCITP.

I have A+, and background in Network+, Security+, and the old MCSA program.

Thank you for your reply og. I am from the U.K so I guess $7500 would equate to around the £7000 mark. I have contacted a few on line training providers who advised me as I have no experience with computers that the A+ route is the first step. I guess reading your reply they are just afer my hard earned money. Again your advice is much appreciated. Mac

A+ as a foundation is a good way to go, so don't let my advice on the matter sway you - as long as you don't stop at A+, then yes, I would recommend getting it because it will set you up nicely for the others. :)

Back
Top Bottom