"help" Msi gx740 killing itself?

aritter14

Beta member
So my brother goes off to work i decide that i was gonna play rift a bit. I turn the computer on and start the game. I start to notice a slight buzzing noise, not too loud just enough to get my attention. i lift the right side up a bit and put my ear down to listen. decide that it would be ok set it back down and as soon as my hand hits the mouse the whole computer shut off and will not start or show any signs of life at all. >.< CRAP (brothers gonna murder me).
My next step was call customer service and that lead me to unplugging it taking out the battery and holding the power button for 30 secs 3 times. plugging it back in while leaving the battery out. "Attempts to turn it on".. Nothing. Again CRAP... Customer service wants me to send it in..
The point of this post is this question. what if anything could i try and do to get this thing working in the next 3 hours?

None. It's obviously past 3 hours now, but if the system was emitting any kind of noise out of the ordinary, a laptop from the sounds of it, something was going out and it was only a matter of time anyway.

On the bright side, it's likely not your fault.

Back
Top Bottom