AMD = to What Intel

KA5ROW

Baseband Member
AMD = to What Intel

The latest AMD Phenom II 1100T Black Edition Six Core Processor - 3.30GHz is equal to what Intel? I know you can't compair a $250 chip to a $1000 chip but some-ware this chip is close to something Intel produces.

yeah AMD mhz is less worth then Intel mhz.
AMD is using older technology. and thats why they are cheeper.
i am not saying AMD sux. corz that they are cheeper so you can use more money on an graphic card. it's up to you what you want.

i think, personally

alot of AMD chips are infact better than Intel's. Cheaper, easier to overclock etc.

I want Apple to start using AMD Chips, roll on Fusion.

there is no doubt that intel chips are better. you should go see some reviews of the newer amd VS the newer intel.
i think that you will be suprised that an intel core i5 760 4 core can kill a amd phennom 1090t 6 core. i have seen some review about that. they were all clocked the same.
(ofcores the 1090t won in some highly multithrede tests. but overall it was humiliated)

apple is all for the best. thay always want the best quality there is in there macs.
and they are not afraide to crank up the price.
so why do you think they choose intel.
the amd mhz perform less then the intel mhz.

but i am not saying that amd sux. after all that are cheeper, and you dont have to change motherboard every ******* time you change cpu.

Folks need to realize that Intel builds chips to win benchmarks. AMD builds chips to give people what they want.

My point, my i7 920 at work always feels slower than my AMD system at home (a mere quad core) even with a 40GB SSD in the Work PC. Now, this is pure observation, but my AMD system feels way faster in general computing tasks.

It's also worth noting that AMD is using technology that is severely outdated compared to Intel's current process technology and yet is accomplishing 80% or more of their performance level.

That's not too shabby when you think about it. Also, remember what AMD does when they introduce a new architecture. They absolutely dominate. I'm hoping that Fusion holds the same, but you also need to realize that the future isn't going to be about pure performance numbers, which can lie.

My i7 is nice, and I'm glad I chose to have it built for my work PC, but I will still build AMD at home.

what you are saying makes no sens what so ever.
look at the benchmarking test. there is NO truth about that intel makes cpu's only for bencmarks.
look at some decompressing tests, looke at some gaming test. you are not making any sense.

and about the architecture: intel did dominate with the nehalem architecture. even alot of AMD fans went to buy intel.
amd still uses a momory comtroller on the motherboard witch is ****** up. and they are STIL using pins to connect cpu to mothermoard.
AMD is cheeper because that Intel is better.(i am not an AMD hater. it is just WRONG that AMD is BOTH cheeper and better. there is NO truth to it)

there is no doubt that intel chips are better. you should go see some reviews of the newer amd VS the newer intel.
i think that you will be suprised that an intel core i5 760 4 core can kill a amd phennom 1090t 6 core. i have seen some review about that. they were all clocked the same.
(ofcores the 1090t won in some highly multithrede tests. but overall it was humiliated)

apple is all for the best. thay always want the best quality there is in there macs.
and they are not afraide to crank up the price.
so why do you think they choose intel.
the amd mhz perform less then the intel mhz.

but i am not saying that amd sux. after all that are cheeper, and you dont have to change motherboard every ****** time you change cpu.

you know that Apple are an AMD Fusion partner right?

Back
Top Bottom