2011 MacBook Pro - Lolfail?

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
Reading through the specs on the 2011 Macbook pros, all looks good until you read the GPU section...

they put INTEL GRAPHICS on the 13" model? 0.o

IMHO this is one big mistake, baring in mind these things still cost £1000.

Macs are overpriced, period. Really Apple? You release a new MacBook Pro for $1199 U.S. and install a 320GB hard drive!
Best Buy has 8, Windows 7 laptops with 500GB hard drives for under $500.00.

Macs are overpriced, period. Really Apple? You release a new MacBook Pro for $1199 U.S. and install a 320GB hard drive!
Best Buy has 8, Windows 7 laptops with 500GB hard drives for under $500.00.

Then don't buy it. Seriously. If you're so concerned about specifications, go ahead and build one yourself.

Apples have gotten progressively overpriced. Hence why neither I nor anyone I know actually uses one. You pay a ton of cash for basically a computer that is 1/3rd the price, a plastic, white case, and OSX, which I personally dislike. I just don't understand the fascination with Macs, and to be perfectly honest the cult following bit is just off putting.

Apples have gotten progressively overpriced. Hence why neither I nor anyone I know actually uses one.

Their notebooks are actually pretty competitive.

You pay a ton of cash for basically a computer that is 1/3rd the price...

1/3 the price? Doubt it, or are you speaking out of your ass?

Y...a plastic, white case, and OSX, which I personally dislike.

Do you even know what a MacBook Pro is?

It is interesting that some people think that Apple computers are overpriced. When you look at the history of personal computers and put things into perspective, it is the open architecture IBM clone based computers that are underpriced. One of the reasons that Apple computers are as inexpensive as they are is from the price competition caused by super cheap IBM clone base computer parts. Before the IBM clone that wasn't the case.

You have to consider the things that most people, scratch that, EVERYONE seems to overlook.

They're efficient, quiet, covered in a cast, solid aluminium unibody (aluminium sheets aren't that cheap these days, i dont think), the MagSafe charging arrangement, the backlit keyboard, the LED screen, the iSight and it's software, iLife, SuperDrive is flush to the laptop and isnt covered by a flimsy piece of plastic etc.

anyway, i wasn't moaning about Macs, i was moaning about Intel GPUs. any excuse to hate on something right?

Apples have gotten progressively overpriced. Hence why neither I nor anyone I know actually uses one.

Their notebooks are actually pretty competitive.
in what world are mac books competativly priced?

You pay a ton of cash for basically a computer that is 1/3rd the price...

1/3 the price? Doubt it, or are you speaking out of your ass?
ok. I'll admit to not having a mac.
however I work with a guy who just got rid of a macbook pro.
basically this time last year he bought one, he waited for the new generation to come out so the price of the previous gen dropped.

(incidentally, that's the only macs could ever really be seen as conpetativly priced if you buy behind the latest model).

Long story short, we're talking about a machine that was made and current at the start of 2010. bought midway through 2010, sold again before the end of 2010.

the reason is lack of power.
he was honestly finding that he couldn't run safari to browse the internet and skype at the same time to video chat.

so we're talking about a computer that at the start of 2010 cost in excess of £1000. and couldn't run two apps at the same time.

whilst any PC of half the price can do that easily.

(and yes it was a mac book pro, not just the standard mac book).

which is basically the problem, you're paying the price of a pro machine, but what you're getting when you buy a mac book pro is far from pro.

you're getting the same sort of processor/ram that you'll find in a cheap and basic netbook.

It is interesting that some people think that Apple computers are overpriced. When you look at the history of personal computers and put things into perspective, it is the open architecture IBM clone based computers that are underpriced. One of the reasons that Apple computers are as inexpensive as they are is from the price competition caused by super cheap IBM clone base computer parts. Before the IBM clone that wasn't the case.

when Apple was pushing out PowerPC's running OS8 and OS9 (when I first used Macs) I could understand them being a little more expensive. (after all they were developing their own OS, and their own processors, making their own hardware).

but face it.

apple now use intel processors.
they use standard part, standard slots with standard connectors.

Macs are now IBM clone PCs running on x86 architectures with a ripped off version of a free OS (bsd) costing lots of money.

what exactly do apple bring to the table besides marketting to justify the high price tag?

You have to consider the things that most people, scratch that, EVERYONE seems to overlook.

They're efficient, quiet, covered in a cast, solid aluminium unibody (aluminium sheets aren't that cheap these days, i dont think), the MagSafe charging arrangement, the backlit keyboard, the LED screen, the iSight and it's software, iLife, SuperDrive is flush to the laptop and isnt covered by a flimsy piece of plastic etc.

anyway, i wasn't moaning about Macs, i was moaning about Intel GPUs. any excuse to hate on something right?

so you mena pretty much like my dell (latitude).
(aulminium /magnesium case/lid metal frame all around the inside. hard drive cased in metal, also quiet also efficient.

also available with a backlit keyboard (though I don't have that).

I've give you that the magnetic locking charger is a pretty cool idea though, I do like that.

I am pretty much agreeing entierly with the first post.

this IS premium tech, it costs a lot, and the fact that Apple have stuck a just 'par' gpu in there smacks of them just saving money, whilst not really giving customers the premium tech that they are actually paying the proce for.

Back
Top Bottom