Ram

cheerfulsplash

Solid State Member
im going to sound like i shouldn't have a computer but what does RAM do. also whats better 4 gb ddr3 or 8gb premium branded ???????

Thanks for the help:)

'premium branded' means nothing to me, just means a company has a big head.

4GB is the 'standard' amount of RAM these days, and DDR3 is the fastest current RAM Data rate (Dual Data Rate Version 3 (DDR3)).

8GB is alot of RAM for most cases, and 'premium branded' doesnt say anything about speed or frequency.

RAM (Random Access Memory) is a volitile (e.g. it gets emptied when you turn the PC off) temporary storage for open programs. Any program, service or application you have running will have temporary information stored in the RAM, when you close the program it is removed from the RAM.

ok thanks my laptop is old and only has 1gb of ram ddr2. I was looking at getting a nw computer or laptop for general use and a bit og gaming but nothing to major. i found a computer saying 8gb premium branded and a laptop saying 4gb ddr3

Thanks for the help

for gaming its generally quite simple: Desktops are better 90% of the time. Unless you've got alot of cash to drop on a laptop (i mean upwards of thousands) a desktop will outperform a laptop. More importantly, look for a good CPU and GPU, since once above 4-6GBs, RAM doesnt change alot for most people.

Back
Top Bottom