Banned
I bought a custom built pc about 1 1/2 years ago, the specs are as follows,

i7 920,
Asus p6t Se,
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT,
4gb Ram,
1tb sata HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

I'm looking for upgrade ideas, Eg. compatible motherboards. I am interested in this because i recently learnt about how my ram may not be good enough for my CPU, so all ideas welcome.
Cheers!

I bought a custom built pc about 1 1/2 years ago, the specs are as follows,

i7 920,
Asus p6t Se,
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT,
4gb Ram,
1tb sata HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

I'm looking for upgrade ideas, Eg. compatible motherboards. I am interested in this because i recently learnt about how my ram may not be good enough for my CPU, so all ideas welcome.

Cheers!

does your RAM present any problems for you?

4GB is fine if you only need 4GB. If you personally get on alright with 4GB theres no point wasting money on an upgrade you wont make the most of.

well it works well on certain programs, but if i'm running a large game like Flight Simulator X, then it's not as smooth as i'd like. Not sure whether this is my gpu or ram though

Ditch the 9500gt. It's a really outdated budget card. Get something along the lines of an HD6850 and you're games will run /much/ smoother. Also, what speed is your ram?

thankyou, that's helpful! and i've attached my ram details!
205b33r.jpg

Yeah, definitely go with a new video card. In gaming, you will see a world of a difference if you get a nice card. Also, you shouldn't have a single problem with that ram, it seems to be more than fast enough.

Back
Top Bottom