Test Drive Unlimited 2

yes i have it.
well... i think it is a good game. but i am not the huge racing fan.

there are just to much to take care of.
i just want a car and someone to race. this is a more complicated racing game.
it is also too realistic. i like to drift. and drifting is not that easy.

but i think you can make alot of hours with it. there are alot you can do in order to get points. like buying cloth and having a plastic surgery. playing with friends, go to the social clup. invastigate areas. finding crashed cars. finding some photo spots where you need to take a good picture and get some money and points for it.
it is just to much for me. i am more like an FPS gamer, but it is a good game.

I enjoyed the beta as I was a beta tester. I just don't have the extra cash to spend on the actual game right now or I would buy it. I liked the beta. Graphics are much better than the first one.

so, it looks like MMO meets The Sims. Just another reason to stay indoors and get fat.

Did you play the first one Echo? How does it compare?

no i did not play the first one. at the time i learnt about the game the second game where on its way. so i waited for this one.

but one thing that i can say for sure is that it is a LONG game.

I have it. And I think it's absolutely horrible.

I'm a longtime TDU1 player and a huge fan of the game. I loved it for what it was; a simple racing game that also incorporated subtle lifestyle choices (house, choice of cars, clothing).
TDU2 is all about fame, cosmetic surgery, weird movie clips with annoying players, etc.

Now, if I get into the physics and gameplay of the actual races, that's a different story.... and a much, much worse one. Graphics are horrible in some areas of the game, and I mean horrible. Choppiness, FPS that'll make you shudder on the 360, etc. The buildings and road cars look like they've been imported from Midtown Madness 1 in some areas of the city. I really don't know how they managed it.

And let's not forget about the cars. Their physics system has gone to the dogs, and without crazy amounts of tuning and control tweaks, it feels like a horrible mix of arcade handling combined with F1 difficulty. Oh, and the engine/exhaust notes of 80% of the cars are unrealistic and completely bogus. Somewhat disappointing coming from such a good game (TDU1).

I don't understand why these developers can't just take a game, improve upon their already-stable system, and launch a new game. Why do they feel the need to ruin it all? It's not just me, either, who feels this way. You guys should have seen the TDU2 forums when the game was released. There are thousands of threads stating the same things.

It's still "playable," and I do play it occasionally. But it's a big disappointment. Just my $0.02.

Ok so i bought it.

Why cant you have fullscreen mode? Why is it so buggy?

Serious let down. I've only owned it for 20 minutes and i can name atleast 3 bugs i have found.

Ok so i bought it.

Why cant you have fullscreen mode? Why is it so buggy?

Serious let down. I've only owned it for 20 minutes and i can name atleast 3 bugs i have found.

Alt+Enter goes to full screen. It's a bug that took a 20 second Google search to bypass. :p Dunno why it doesn't go into it automatically though.

Back
Top Bottom