How do I make my laptop fan quiter?

LOLZpersonok

In Runtime
My HP Mini 110's fan is noisy. It is like that ever since I got it, and I understand that it is required to keep the computer cool. But it is annoying! Any help I can get would be nice, please and thank you.

has your netbook ben pre-owned when you bought it. (is it old)
there might be dust inside it. my core i7 was kinda hot i while ago. so i checked the cooler and it was very dusty.
i cleaned it and the temperature dropped 8-9 degrees celsius. (46-49 *F)

has your netbook ben pre-owned when you bought it. (is it old)
there might be dust inside it. my core i7 was kinda hot i while ago. so i checked the cooler and it was very dusty.
i cleaned it and the temperature dropped 8-9 degrees celsius. (46-49 *F)

I am not sure. I bought it refurbished at Futureshop. It has been that noisy since I first turned it on.

You could try a Software like "SpeedFan."
That should help a little.

Tried it, couldn't get it to work. Either that or it just didn't work at all.

if you are brave enough a tiny squirt of WD40

I am not sure that is such a great idea...

It's noisy mostly because it's a small fan, small fans are typically niosy. About the only thing you could do is see if there is a quieter fan that you could replace it with, if you want to actually tear it apart just to quiet a fan down a little (it wouldn't be all that much).

Otherwise, I'd say you pretty much got what you got. My HP's fan is noisy too, I guess it's just because of the type of fans they use.

It's noisy mostly because it's a small fan, small fans are typically niosy. About the only thing you could do is see if there is a quieter fan that you could replace it with, if you want to actually tear it apart just to quiet a fan down a little (it wouldn't be all that much).

Otherwise, I'd say you pretty much got what you got. My HP's fan is noisy too, I guess it's just because of the type of fans they use.

Well, do you know what would be a quiet fan I could replace my current one with?

Back
Top Bottom