Random crashing, hardware caused?

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
My build is in my sig, minus the PhysX card. I've been running this same build at the same bios settings for a little over a year now. A few months back, I wiped the drive and installed Win7 again, due to little problems, and all was well for a time. Then I started getting random crashes, but it would only happen when I left my computer alone for an extended amount of time, never if I was actively using it. It also wasn't under any load when it happened. I figured maybe the overclock was acting up, so I went through, manually keyed in everything and redid it all. Tested multiple times with IntelBurnTest, and the results indicated that it was perfectly stable, and my temps never left the 50's. Yet I'm still having the same crashes. After restarting Windows tells me the crashes are due to a BSOD, yet I never actually see this BSOD. I just come back to see my monitors blank but still on, they always go into sleep mode if there is no picture to them, which is odd. I never actually see a BSOD, the computer is just locked up with a black screen. I can't figure out for the life of me what is wrong, because like I've said, I've been running this same computer for over a year. I've tried CCLeaner, I've tried turning off my screen saver, messing with the power settings.... nothing works. I even believe I've updated my graphics drivers, although I could be wrong about that. I'm on Win7 x64, Catalyst 10.12 drivers. Ideas?

EDIT: Now that I think about it (funny how much typing it out makes me consider every aspect), I'm highly suspecting my video card drivers. I'm updating to 11.2 (apparently it just recently came out?) and will post again if it helps matters. I've also read that Daemon Tools could be causing this? Which is odd, because I've never had a problem with it before...

Back
Top Bottom