Program for hiding Folders, and the contained files and locking them with a password

Snake57

Baseband Member
As the title allready says, i am searching for a Program which can Hide a Folder, and protect it and the contained files with an Password.
Also it shouldn't let the files be found and accessed through the Windows Search function, which is possible with the Program i am currrently using: "Free Hide Folder."
(Thats just plain stupid)

I have tried numerous Programs out now, but i have yet to find one that: Does not Crash, Is usable with Windows 7, Does not corrupt my files, Is not Waaaaay to complicated, Does actually work, is free.

(Yes i have encountered all if these things)

Help would be greatly appreciated

Greetings
Snake57

Have you tried safe house, I use it on my own flash drive. Only problem I see is u have to install the app. on the computer to write back to the flash drive, but u don't have to install the app if u just want to read the drive.

Hope this helps
Tj

@Ocido I am running Windows 7, 64 Bit

@tj1986 I am gonna try that one out ;), i dont want to secure a Flash Drive though, its a folder on my computer

Could you not zip it with a password and then in the folder properties mark it as hidden?

@tj1986
Thank you! that was exactly what i had been searching for.

@JCB
Thank you too, but with that method you still should be able to find it with Windows Search ;)

@detox Same here, files would be obtainable through Windows Search.

Thank you all for your help.
But with "Safe House" i found the Program that suits my needs perfectly.

it would only show up in a search if the other party knows what the file is called.

Yes, but i still find that kind of annoying.
With Safe House it does not show at all.

Back
Top Bottom