Random Chit Chat

So they said crysis 2 wouldn't be as demanding on pcs did they? IT says you need a minimum of an 8800gt to play it and I have a 8600gts. I'm still going to give the demo a try. It looks real sweet from the youtube videos I have seen of people playing the leaked beta. Even one guy had a 8800gt and it looked good. I don't know the settings he was using but the frame rate was ~30fps. what ever settings they were it looked really good. I really hope all those miscellaneous taxi cabs are drivable and the buildings are destroyable. I want to be able to blow up entire city blocks but I doubt that will be possible. Anyways I am so stoked for this game. XD

You're giving out your passwords to a third party site...

Well, it's also an iPod app, so Apple trusts them.
You do have a point, but everyone who uses an IM client (be it software or web) is handing passwords to it as well, so it's just something to be careful about. imo seems ok, nobody has accessed my accounts according to my IP checker.

I just find it unnerving how many apps on the droid market require access to phone identity, contact information, sd contents, etc... If it's an apple app then I wouldn't worry too much about password security, but I typically stay with programs like Trillian or the original programs (Skype for example). These companies have to protect your password and have a larger budget when it comes to Information Systems Security.

And that means tablets are out of luck doesn't it since they don't have phone identity and contacts

I don't believe so as many of the apps that are offered on the droid market are still offered on droid tablets. I just hate how everyone is out for your personal information now-a-days.

Well I don't use Trillian because you have to buy it in the App Store, imo has turned out pretty good. Going to try out Nimbuzz soon, it seems ok from what I've experienced from the web version and the desktop version.

Back
Top Bottom