Software that blocks facebook

three ways;
net nanny type software

at home, if your router is capable of blocking named addresses (e.g facebook.com) then use that.

setup a DNS server on the network and blackhole the addresses

setup a proxy server and block access that way

I deleted the list from the above post.
you can google it if you want.

this is typical net nanny type stuff.

my advise is don't buy it, any program that just sits on the computer (i.e relies on the user starting the computer normally and logging in to the computer normally) can be gotten around.

basically simply booting from a Linux live CD is enough to get around this restriction so the above poster might think it works fine for them, but in reality, it probably doesn't -and they'll never know!

Router but was going to say host file but stay away if you don'/t know what you doing c:/ * or your main drive letter *
c:/windows/system32/drivers/est????/host now staert run notepad * win7 * arun as adamin and point to open file in notepad to the driver folder/file

Use your hosts file, if you are using windows 7 you can find it here:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Open it with notepad you will have to select notepad from the list of programs. Scroll all the way to the bottom and add this entry without a comment (#)

127.0.0.1 facebook.com
127.0.0.1 Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

That will route whomever is trying to visit facebook back to your local system. I had to do it once because my ex was spending twelve hours/day on facebook. Then she went to AIM and I had to add entries for aim. Yahoo, lol all of the above. Then, after you save the file right click on it and hide it.

Back
Top Bottom