Graphics card upgrade. Which one?

SuzukiGS750EZ

Beta member
Hey guys. Just made an impulse buy on an old graphics card and hey, windows 7 doesn't support it! So it's getting returned, but i don't know which one to buy now. I have an almost stock dell dimension e520. The only things ive changed or added were a tv tuner, extra cd/dvd rw drive and some odds and ends. It has 2gb of ddr2 sdram. It has a pentium D i believe it's the 820, and the power supply is stock, 305w? My computer is kind of hard to get to right now, or i'd open the case. Anyways, we bought an ~80$ graphics card. My computer right now has an integrated card, and we would like to update it. Just bought an acer 21.5" flatscreen monitor. She plays runescape and we watch tv exclusively on it. I do photoshopping from time to time but do a lot of picture editing with RAW from my DSLR. I was looking at the Zotac ZT-96TEQ3P-FDL GeForce 9600 GT Video Card - 256MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, DVI, HDMI, VGA at TigerDirect.com but i didnt know if my power supply would be able to handle it. I don't want to go over like 85 or 90 shipped. Any ideas?

You can go with the card below, the power draw is less than the 9600 GT, with an average draw of around 35W, maximum being 69W, your current PSU is about 305W. You may need to upgrade the PSU...

Newegg.com - ASUS ENGT240/DI/1GD3/A GeForce GT 240 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
Yeah. I was originally looking at the zotac geforce 9600 gt until I realized my power supply was too small. Is that the most performance for the money?

Is my computer pci 2.0 compatible? I literally can tell you anything under the sun, but am not famaliar with pci-e. Just PCI.

Back
Top Bottom