About obscure operating systems...

Skygee

Solid State Member
Anyone here successfully running MenuetOS, SkyOS, ReactOS, AuroraUX, Syllable, Haiku, or eComStation 2.0? I'm looking into these, and would like to hear from users (good or bad comments welcomed)!

I've been watching ReactOS for some time, but I am waiting for a more mature release.

I've been running Haiku on a test machine for a while now and really liking it. It's fast, simple and in my opinion, structured like a home desktop operating system should be, although it's far from being something I'd use on a daily basis. I'd recommend giving it a try if you have the time. :)

I've been running Haiku on a test machine for a while now and really liking it. It's fast, simple and in my opinion, structured like a home desktop operating system should be, although it's far from being something I'd use on a daily basis. I'd recommend giving it a try if you have the time. :)

Is everything working with the Haiku...color graphics, sound, ect.? If so, could you detail your hardware setup? Also, is it true Haiku cannot handle DSL modems, or routers with NAT & SPI?

*bookmarks thread* Thanks guys this will give me some more OSs to experiment with :D

Just quick note...looks like SkyOS is now a dead OS, as I've been unable to find any download link that has not been disabled. Great pity too, as it was OS I wanted the most to trial!

Back
Top Bottom