Router's firmware

mistycom

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, I'd really love to upgrade the performance of my wireless router. Many of the articles/wiki pages i have read recommend a firmware upgrade. Well, i have to admit that i have very little knowledge in this. I happen to come across this DD-WRT firmware and saw the review section overloaded with very positive and insane comments about it. In case if this particular firmware is overrated or comments made are for the sake of promoting it, i would like to hear from you. I also welcome any other recommendations on firmware updates. Thank you for your time.

I've done DD-WRT once before and it was better than the ones offered by the manufacturer. I haven't touched it in 3 years though simply because the factory firmware on my linksys routers since then have been more than acceptable for my needs.

I've done DD-WRT once before and it was better than the ones offered by the manufacturer. I haven't touched it in 3 years though simply because the factory firmware on my linksys routers since then have been more than acceptable for my needs.

Thanks Celegrom for the reply, I just realised that my router doesn't support DD-WRT firmware. Mine is a linksys router(Wag120N) with firmware version V1.00.11, is it good enough or needs to be upgraded?

I"m having a problem finding your router. I Don't see a WAG120N on Linksys's website. Could you check again for me?

I"m having a problem finding your router. I Don't see a WAG120N on Linksys's website. Could you check again for me?

I am not sure if this is the correct way to check my router's model. I logged into the router's configuration web page, then it's displayed right above the page: Wireless N ADSL2 + Modem router - Wag120N, which is what i perceive as the router's model.

Back
Top Bottom