Need a mother .

718Timdog

Beta member
I need help buying a motherboard . I know what to get for it,but its just know what motherboard to get . I wanna know what's a good motherboard to get , ether a intel or amd . I wanna know what will last longer and save me money in the long run . what I'm looking for is a 4 slot ddr3 memory up to 16gb , 2 pci express slot 2.0 , and some thing that can use quad core or phenom II . It can be like 70-90 . thanks :cool:

Hello 718Timdog,

I would strongly recommend Intel for your CPU and Chipset. That is my preference though. I've had nothing but good with Intel system boards and processors. AMD is less expensive but in my experience the technology they are created with just doesn't seem to match Intel's Core 2 and Core i series. Also if you ever plan to use or explore Linux, Intel supports their drivers for Linux which is a huge plus.

As far as trusted motherboards...I would have to say EVGA, Biostar, and Intel. Biostar boards run very well. I have been using one that I bought almost 2 years ago as a light gaming rig.

When you say PCI Express 2.0 I assume you are referring to the x16 slots. I have provided a link to one that means your requirements.

EVGA P55V SLI Motherboard

It's about 95.00 USD on TigerDirect.com excluding the 30 USD rebate. If this doesn't quite do it for you. Poke around EVGA's website and also take a look at Intel's Extreme Boards.

Thank you so much .I love the info that you provided for and its going to make ever thing easier now .

Happy to be of assistance. It's upsetting to see people pay big money for something that doesn't meet their requirements.

Hmm.. If you're on a limited budget, you'll get more power for your money by going with AMD rather than Intel...

Back
Top Bottom