Motherboard and RAM upgrade, do i have to reinstall windows + activation question

Right i have now installed my new motherboard and the new ram, however the machine feels like its been degraded instead of upgraded. my dram freq shown in cpuz is showing 666.6MHz but i paid for 1333MHz, why am i not getting my full speed. and yes my motherboard supports up to 1600 MHz Ram and FSB.

My current CPU should be able to gain 1333MHz and my ram should also so they work together at the same speed however the computer feels slow and in the bios all i have is the option to change some values from 1 to about 15 i think, i dont really knwo what im looking for as the bios isnt that simple. i would have thought you set it to what you want via the bios.

did it connect to the internet, and did windows work?

I am not a RAM expert so cant help, but I guess you have loaded all the drivers from the CD to the new MOBO? not sure if you ned to re-install your grahics drivers? have you googled the MOBO for any particular set up arrangements, I know most are auto detect but might be worth a try.

Hi, after thinking long and hard i decided to reformat, an yes the windows booted no problems although i had to re enter my product key for windows 7. after all though i have now reformatted as it still had incorrect information on the system about my old hardware. my RAM in the windows index rating shot up from 5.9 to 7.2 although i don't seem to feel the difference. i ran CPU z and it said my Dram freq was 666.6 and i saw on another forums that this number needs to be doubled as its DDR stands for double data rate. my ram is running at 1333MHz in the end although i didn't feel it as i had so much junk on the old install of windows.

Just reinstalling everything now !. taking an age !

666 is correct, as you said DDR is double data rate, it handles data on the up and down of the clock cycle, so the effective speed is double the actual. f you had 1600MHz, it would show 800MHz for instance, it is no error

The Ram will work providing the memory speed and frequency all match.
It doen's need to be on the Vendors list.

Back
Top Bottom