Broadband instability

I suspect that Virgin have economised on their routers. I've heard of several people with the same problem. No one at Virgin seems to want to admit it. I've got a BT router that never had a problem. My problem is configuring it. Are the ones from the shop plug and play in your experience? Thanks a lot.

I have used several routers, at the moment I have a netgear connected to the Virgin Modem (you are talking routers and not Modems). Netgear Routers are good and Netgear switches are just as good if you have 5 connections (router usually only have 4). If Modems a netgear modem should be fine, they are easy to set up, but make sure you have your Virgin password details as i guess you might need it to recognise the modem (just ring them and ask) you may just need to give them the MAC address of the new router. It sounds messy but it is really plug in, connect the modem to your PC drop in the disc that comes with it and ring Virgin quite simple really. THe other thing is buy a combo modem/router.

That's great. Sounds do-able. I'll get a netgear modem/router. At least this problem has had one beneficial effect. It's been, as they say, a learning curve. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom