Random Chit Chat

Sorry lol i was typing on my phone
Could I replace the bulbs on this American Tack/Hemco 3315405 Lighting Accent LED Nickel 3 Pack with the ones from radio shack

Probably. Just make sure the bulbs are the same size.

Don't buy LEDs at radio shack. They cost like 10 times more than they should. I usually get mine from eBay.

EDIT: The LEDs in that light system are surface mount according to Amazon. That'll make things a whole lot harder. I recommend just building it from scratch or finding some adjustable RGB lights.

I'm thinking of getting an SSD drive. I could get an OCZ Onyx 32GB for $49.99 after rebate ($69.99 originally). How much performance will I gain in loading games? I plan on using an 7200.12 500GB as secondary drive where I install games and other programs. Also, what are the cons of getting an SSD? Besides the fact of the price per GB ratio.

Pretty sure that defeats the purpose of buying an SSD.

This.

You want to put stuff on the SSD that normally doesn't have to be written numerous times. Most people put their OS on the SSD and use a large drive for storage. Or, put your OS on the normal HDD and put a few games on the SSD. You will definitely see a large time decrease in loading time for games that seek a lot.

I Should have my computer parts by friday night! I've even got my perspex and dremel. I'm going to be adding a case window, any other small mod's i could do?

cut the grading off the rear fans so there not as constricted

Also, cant wait to go to bestbuy to get my 3rd monitor!
Dead Space 2 Triple Screen is going to be INSANE.

Pretty sure that defeats the purpose of buying an SSD.

This.

You want to put stuff on the SSD that normally doesn't have to be written numerous times. Most people put their OS on the SSD and use a large drive for storage. Or, put your OS on the normal HDD and put a few games on the SSD. You will definitely see a large time decrease in loading time for games that seek a lot.

I actually made a typo. I meant I would install the OS, all my programs, and non steam games (unless there is a way to install steam games in multiple places) on the ssd. How long does an SSD usually last after heavy usage of rewriting?

Also, cant wait to go to bestbuy to get my 3rd monitor!
Dead Space 2 Triple Screen is going to be INSANE.

Sounds cool. Too bad SCII won't work on eyefinity. Would be awesome, but people think it is too cheap because the people with eyefinity will have a wider viewing screen.

EDIT - It seems like I might never have to buy a new graphics card again. Why? Because my cousin (the one who gave me the 5870) told me if I were to go back to China, he would give me his 5970 (he bought the GTX 580).

Back
Top Bottom