First post, first question - calibrating printer

cottager

Beta member
The Avery note card software requires me to calibrate my printer in order for the image on the card stock to be centered correctly. I read somewhere that I shouldn't do this, as it will "mess up my printer for future projects". First of all, I'm having a difficult time understanding how to do the calibrating using the folded print out with the graphs, and second I see there is an option to "clear" the horizontal and vertical values; so wouldn't that restore my printer back to its original pre-calibrated status?

I'm ready to start my projects but a little nervous about messing up my HP printer. Thanks for any info shared.

Hey thanks for the quick reply to a newbie here! I'm not really having a problem with color, the problem is with the image appearing on the note card with different sized margins. In other words, pic isn't centered. The way I understand it is, if I calibrate my printer by supplying horizontal and a vertical values in this pop-up "calibrating window" Avery needs completed I'll have a perfect note card. Just want to make sure before I do that, that it doesn't interfere with other print projects. i.e. labels, other sized greeting cards.

That's what I was thinking, esp. because that same Avery pop-up instruction window has a "Clear" option. I figured a person would just click on that when the project was done, to return the printer to it's former self. IF said person (me) remembers to hit the clear option. I'm going to work on it tomorrow and if I get stuck, hey, I have a new forum to come to for help! :)

Back
Top Bottom