changing MOBO/processor in factory built desktop

tommy2tap

Beta member
i have an e machine desktop that has a 1.6 processor. i want to something closer to the 3.0 to 3.5 range. is it plausible or even possible to change the motherboard and/or processor to achieve this.? as it is the speed is the only thing i'm not happy with with this computer.

Well, I've been an eMachine owner for the past 12 years, and I will say that you'd be better off building an entirely new computer. It'd be a lot cheaper than trying to upgrade what you have now.

I still have an eMachine - The only original parts are the Pentium D Dual Core 3.0 gHz processor and the motherboard. All the specs are listed in my sig. I've spent a lot of money upgrading it to where it is now, and it runs pretty good. Next machine I get, though, I'm building.

But if you still want to upgrade, then we'd need to know more specifics. Example: motherboard model number, processor socket type, case form factor, etc..

It IS possible to make an eMachines rig a good one - I've done it five times in the past - but it is horrendously expensive.

can you let us know what model of e machine you have so we can advise you, My guess is that you can put a new motherboard in it

its a bone stock el1200-06w. has an amd athelon 64 processor.

its a bone stock el1200-06w. has an amd athelon 64 processor.
i should probably note that it's not a purpose specific machine just general home use. i do have one game i play regularly and the newest upgrade requires a processor closer to 3Ghz. i could get probably get away with something around 2.8.

Back
Top Bottom